1. Page transitions: Are the main thing what make the viewers go 'oooh' or 'ahh'. They're pretty much the essence to a flash website. If you're not going to have them, you might as well make the damn thing in HTML/CSS!
http://www.andyfoulds.co.uk/Has some pretty sweet page transitions. But is where I learnt something else: Too many transitions can just kill the site.
I got a little confused here as to how to navigate the site, the moving site navigation irritated me - it seemed to turn into some wordfind puzzle.
The moving page transitions and the number of them, PLUS the animation time (not actual downloading time) it took for a single page to load got a little too annoying for me - I'm not that much of a patient person - and every other sane internet surfer out there!
So in short - keep transitions quick, and simple to some extent.
Rayman WebsiteIs a neat animated site for the Nintendo DS game, unfortunately I am not much of an illustrator so won't be doing anything remotely close to this. I'd hate to think about how long it took to design and create. The site has easy navigation, however the layout is slightly too large for my screen, even at 1152 x 864! That, plus the loading times were the only downsides to this site.
Fuel DesignIs an example of a NZ design website that has used some flash in their website in the top banner. The rest is done with good old html/css, which I suppose is easier for a site which has lots of content. Its a nice, simple and elegant design which loads fairly quickly.
2. Well that's it really when it come to rules specific to Flash, although because I'm a newbie, there may be others that I am not fully aware of yet.
And lastly, of course, not to forget that when designing a flash website, all the same rule for basic wedesign apply:
- Easy to find navigation and consistant page design -not always with flash, but to a limit.
- An aesthetically pleasing layout - nice colours, easy to read text, etc.
- And quick loading helps as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment